What does the new CPLED PREP look like?
Take a couple minutes to watch this video:
Or browse this graphic drawing:
The new CPLED PREP will be piloted in Manitoba in the winter of 2020 and full program launch in spring of 2020.
The new program combines self-directed online learning and face-to-face interactive workshops. It uses technology and the professional experience of lawyers from across the country to provide real-world learning opportunities. It provides unprecedented access to resources that will inspire and equip future lawyers.
Participate in the Pilot
Are you a third year law student or have received a certificate of qualification from the Federation of Law Societies of Canada? Express your interest in participating in the new CPLED PREP pilot by filling out this form.
Are you a lawyer interested in participating as a practice manager or assessor? Express your interest by filling out this form.
Seven benefits of the new CPLED PREP:
- Engaging: Become part of a virtual law firm that explores an actual legal practice.
- Inspiring: Join conversations, debate and ask thought-provoking questions. Mentors provide feedback and support along the way. Consider how you could make an impact in the legal profession.
- Interactive: Interact with colleagues and experts both online and face-to-face. Ask and explore. Interview and negotiate face-to-face as well as virtually.
- Foundational: Practice the “basics” because these are the building blocks for your legal career.
- Collaborative: Learn from others in online forums and through video conferences. Leverage their strengths while sharing your own.
- Innovative: Join a virtual law firm, case simulations, video assessments, and webinars.
- Relevant: Learn the latest about the practice of law today.