The Next Step in your Legal Career – Turning Theory into Practice
Completing law school is a significant achievement.
We help prepare you for your legal career.
In the CPLED program, you will hone the fundamental day-to-day skills essential to excel in your career and add value to your workplace. You will demonstrate that you can successfully navigate any challenges you may encounter at the onset of your career.
Make the shift from educational theory, to real-world practical application.
Completing the CPLED program is a prerequisite to Bar admission in Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
Students complete the program while articling with a law firm or organization.
Once you successfully complete the program as well as your articling assignment, you can seek Bar Admission. After being called to the Bar, you are then able to pursue your career as a practicing lawyer in your overseeing province.
What to expect:
Practice the key skills every successful lawyer needs. Working on simulated client cases will give you experience and confidence.
Through the CPLED program, you will:
- Problem solve
- Undertake legal research
- Interview and advise
- Advocate and engage in alternative dispute resolution
- Draft pleadings and contracts
- Develop time management skills
- Learn to manage a practice
- Keep ethics and professionalism at the forefront
CPLED will help you become:
- Competent: Others can count on you.
- Confident: Your self-assurance inspires trust.
- Networked: You are connected to fellow professionals.
- Accountable: You are willing and able to stand behind your work.
- Ready: You are ready to work on Day 1.
- Well-rounded: You have explored many facets of the profession.
- Proven: You have been evaluated and have demonstrated you are all of the above.