The Assistant, Education is a key member of the Education team and works closely with the entire CPLED team and students to deliver a wide range of materials, initiatives and processes.
Success in this position requires excellent attention to detail combined with strong communication, teamwork, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Prepare documents and packages for students as required.
- Provide excellent customer service. Develop and maintain professional working relationships with students, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Provide logistical support for meetings, classes, webinars, and other events as required. This includes assisting with, including but not limited to duties such as booking facilities, ordering supplies, catering, tracking attendance, creating name tags, etc.
- Assist with meeting and room set up; work with Business Technology and Office Services to ensure all audio-visual equipment is available and functioning.
- Provide administrative support and program assistance to the Education team.
- Prepare materials such as, agendas, presentations, etc.
- Assist in Desire to Learn (D2L) and Clio education updates and administer student content questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that one’s own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough, and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the organization.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Timeliness: Commit to a deadline and meet those deadlines in a timely manner.
- Compassion: Treat internal and external customers with dignity and compassion and work with customers to find solutions within the guidelines of CPLED’s policies.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working in an administrative or logistics and support capacity.
- Post-secondary education such as an Administrative Assistant diploma/certificate or a diploma/certificate as a Legal Assistant is considered an asset.
- Strong communications (written and verbal), customer service, time management, organizational, listening, and telephone skills.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Technically strong computer skills, such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, SharePoint).
- D2L and customer relationship management systems experience is considered an asset.
- Collaboration skills, with an ability to work with all individuals and groups.
- Self-starter, able to work independently with minimal supervision and to take on projects as required.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Able to work evenings and weekends (overtime) as required, including and not limited to, the attendance at after hour events.
- Must be flexible and willing to travel to out of town events as needed.
CPLED is partnering with The Law Society of Alberta on this search. Interested applicants should apply by visiting here.