CPLED is partnering with The Counsel Network on this search. Interested external applicants should inquire with Sameera Sereda at email@example.com.
Job Description – Education Manager
Due to ongoing growth, CPLED seeks to add an Education Manager to its team in Calgary. Reporting to the CEO and serving as a member of the management team, the Education Manager provides direction, advice, support, and analysis with respect to regular/standard educational development and delivery.
Success in this position requires excellent leadership, time management, project management, communication, collaboration, organizational and teamwork skills.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Oversee all education development activities, including the Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP), and include regular review and minor redevelopment of educational programs.
- Facilitate and contribute to the development and execution of innovative education solutions by integrating adult learning best practices and thought leadership into eLearning courses.
- Produce education programs on time and on budget and align and map those programs with the CPLED Competency Framework and associated learning outcomes.
- Develop learning deliverables in various engaging formats (e.g., courses, simulations, games, videos, quizzes, etc.).
- Support program accessibility and course consistency.
- Assign work and supervise staff and external vendors.
- Source and recruit subject matter expert (SMEs) as required for content development and review.
- Provide oversight and support to content developers, SMEs and instructional designers to ensure timelines are met.
- Develop training programs for SMEs, facilitators, assessors and evaluate training outcomes based on Key Performance indicators (KPIs).
- Work collaboratively with Indigenous Advisory Groups and similar in development and revision of TRC related content.
- Promote education programs to various audiences (e.g. students, post-secondary faculty and others, as required).
- Create, support, and maintain a supportive learning environment within CPLED characterized by high professional and ethical standards, customer focus, a positive service attitude and a focus on CPLED strategies and objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Education Team including but not limited to supervision of all Education staff, performance reviews, scheduling and approval of vacation and flex time.
- Obtain training in D2L requirement and become the go-forward trainer for putting content in appropriate format (e.g. Word template/format) for D2L.
- Work collaboratively with CPLED D2L Support/LMS on technical development and identifying and making minor changes/revisions.
- Follow and ensure other staff and external content developers utilize technology-specific requirements (HTML, D2L templates/formats, etc.).
- Work collaboratively with graphic design and video producers to create an impactful learning experience based on an approved development plan.
- Monitor and report on the educational development progress and any issues on a regular and timely basis to CEO.
- Work collaboratively with CPLED programs team to ensure alignment of educational program goals and operational needs.
- Actively participate in business planning and major business decisions.
- implement, maintain, and strengthen performance measurement analysis and performance management.
- Manage all staff of the Education Team.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible post call experience.
- 5+ years of leadership and/or project management experience
- Significant experience and strong understanding of project management principals and methods is considered an asset.
- Strong team building, organizational, communication, and leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to gain consensus.
- Creative and strategic thinker with ability to intuitively solve problems.
- Demonstrated interest and experience in developing education and training programs for professionals.
- Experience working with Boards and working at the senior management level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Travel may be required from time to time.
This is an exclusive search.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Sameera Sereda, Managing Partner