Registration for the June 2020 intake of the Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP) is now closed.
The Student Guidebook provides students (and their principals) with information on what to expect in PREP, including some important rules.
- Create a CPLED student profile.
- Complete your student Enrollment Checklist. Once your Academic Integrity Form has been signed off and your tuition fee payment processed you will receive your Procertas login information via email. Please note that it can take up to five business days to process your payment.
You will not receive access to PREP materials, including Procertas, until your tuition fee payment has been processed. You are encouraged to submit your tuition fee payment before the deadline to avoid delays in PREP materials being released.
- To complete your Procertas requirement, you must earn qualified or expert certification in Microsoft Word and at least one other module (Excel, PowerPoint, or Adobe Acrobat). You must complete your Procertas requirement before you will receive access to D2L, the learning platform used to deliver PREP.
If you have already earned your Procertas badge(s), email firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your badge(s) and we will record your Procertas requirement as complete.
Below are user guides developed to help you through the registration process:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student name, email, birthdate, mailing address, telephone number
- Complete the enrollment checklist
- Law degree information
- Articling/Clerking information (start date*, name and location of firm as well as the name and contact information of your principal)
- Alternate email and phone number
- PREP information (questionnaire)
- Academic integrity sign off
- Emergency contact information
- PREP schedule selection – for phases two and four
- Tuition fee payment
Once the enrolment checklist is complete and your tuition fee payment has been processed you will receive access to PREP course materials.
*We understand that due to the COVID-19 pandemic that students may not know the exact start date for their articles. Please enter your tentative start date at this time and update it once you have received confirmation from your principal. Please note that students must commence their articles by September 25 for the June 2020 intake.
Firms can register their student(s) for PREP and will only be required to:
- create a student profile
- email (confirmation emails will be sent to the email linked to this profile that will require action during the registration process, we recommend firms input their email initially and advise the student to change the default email once the login information is shared with the student)
- mailing address
- telephone number
- complete the articling information form
- start date
- name and location of firm
- name and contact information of the student’s principal
- select the student’s face-to-face schedule for phases two and four
- complete the payment information
Firms will then need to share the account login information with their student(s) and the student will need to complete all additional information in the checklist. This information must be completed by the student before they receive access to PREP course materials.
Refer to the firm user guide (coming soon) for more details on registration information.
Registration is completed on an individual basis so if firms are registering for their students, they will need to do so one student at a time.
If you have not yet secured an articling position for the June or December 2020 intake you can now register and complete PREP without a secured articling position. Refer to our post in latest news for all of the details.
Yes, you will be required to self-declare your degree and/or certificate completion date during the registration process and upload your documentation as soon as you have it. For more information about the accepted forms of documentation, visit admission requirements.
If you have completed your NCA exams in October and/or January will be eligible to register for the June intake, and if you have completed your NCA exams in May and/or August you will be eligible to register for the December intake. Please remember to check your requirements with the Federation of Law Societies of Canada and confirm with them when your final results will be released.
An e-mail from email@example.com will be sent to the profile e-mail address confirming registration.
Once you have completed the Enrollment Checklist and your tuition payment has been processed you will receive your login information to complete the Procertas requirement of PREP.
Once you have met your Procertas requirement you will receive your login access for D2L. Please note the earliest that you will receive D2L login information is Monday, June 1, 2020. Refer to the program schedule to keep up to date on all PREP deadlines.
Once the tuition fee payment has been processed you will receive access to PREP materials.
We encourage students to complete the registration process, including payment as soon as possible so that they may begin the program when it launches. Payment plan options are available, please note the tuition fee deadlines and recognize that program materials will not be released until payment has been processed.