Registration for the December 2020 intake of the Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP) is open.
The Student Guidebook provides students (and their principals) with information on what to expect in PREP, including some important rules.
- Create a CPLED student profile.
- Complete your Student Enrollment Checklist. Once your Student Enrollment Checklist is complete and your tuition fee payment is processed you will receive your Procertas and D2L login information via email. Please note that it can take up to five business days to process your payment.
You will not receive access to Procertas and/or D2L until your tuition fee payment has been processed. You are encouraged to submit your tuition fee payment before the deadline to avoid delays.
- Complete your Procertas requirement and upload a record of completion to D2L to get access to the “Introduction to Foundation Modules” for PREP. To view detailed instructions on how to upload your Procertas badges to D2L, click here. You must earn qualified or expert certification in Microsoft Word and at least one other module (Excel, PowerPoint, or Adobe Acrobat). If you have already earned your Procertas badge(s) in University or through other educational activities, you will still need to upload a record of your badges to D2L.
- “Introduction to Foundation Modules” in D2L will be available from Monday, December 1, 2020, onward to students who have uploaded their Procertas badges to D2L.
- Once you receive access to the “Introduction to Foundation Modules” in D2L, you will be required to watch the “PREP Orientation Video” and complete the “PREP Orientation Quiz” to gain access to the first Foundation Module, The Effective Lawyer.
To view the PREP schedule and key dates, visit program schedule.
Below are user guides developed to help you through the registration process:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student name, email, birthdate, mailing address, telephone number
- Complete the enrollment checklist
- Law degree information
- Articling/Clerking information (start date, name and location of firm as well as the name and contact information of your principal)
- Alternate email and phone number
- PREP information (questionnaire)
- Academic integrity sign off
- Emergency contact information
- PREP schedule selection – for phases two and four
- Tuition fee payment
Once the enrolment checklist is complete and your tuition fee payment has been processed you will receive your login information for Procertas and D2L.
Firms can register their student(s) for PREP and will only be required to:
- create a student profile
- email (confirmation emails will be sent to the email linked to this profile that will require action during the registration process, we recommend firms input their email initially and advise the student to change the default email once the login information is shared with the student)
- mailing address
- telephone number
- complete the articling information form
- start date
- name and location of firm
- name and contact information of the student’s principal
- select the student’s face-to-face schedule for phases two and four
- complete the payment information
Firms will then need to share the account login information with their student(s) and the student will need to complete all additional information in the checklist. This information must be completed by the student before they receive access to PREP course materials.
Refer to the firm user guide for more details on registration information.
Registration is completed on an individual basis so if firms are registering for their students, they will need to do so one student at a time.
If you have not yet secured an articling position for the June or December 2020 intake you can now register and complete PREP without a secured articling position. Refer to our post in latest news for all of the details.
To register for PREP you MUST have received your Certificate of Qualification (CQ) from the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. Due to COVID-19 we understand that formal certificates may be delayed, however, we will accept a written confirmation from the Federation that you have met all of your requirements.
Please remember to check your requirements with the Federation of Law Societies of Canada and confirm with them when your final results will be released.
An e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to the e-mail address you used to create your Student Profile confirming your online registration in the CPLED Student Portal. Once your tuition fee payment has been processed you will receive an email from email@example.com confirming your enrollment in PREP.
Once you have completed the Student Enrollment Checklist and your tuition payment has been processed you will receive your login information for Procertas and D2L.
Please note the earliest that you will receive access to the PREP Foundation Modules is Monday, December 1, 2020. Refer to the program schedule to keep up to date on all PREP deadlines.
Once the tuition fee payment has been processed you will receive your login information to Procertas and D2L.
We encourage students to complete the registration process, including payment as soon as possible so that they may begin the program when it launches. Payment plan options are available, please note the tuition fee deadlines and recognize that program materials will not be released until payment has been processed.