This course was developed for students with law degrees or those with prior legal training and/or experience in legal research and writing. The LRW course is not a base-level introduction to legal research or writing. CPLED cannot make recommendations to students regarding whether they should register for the LRW course, as each student’s circumstances are different. However, should you have questions about registration, please reach out to admin@CPLED.ca.
- Create a CPLED Student Profile.
- Complete your Student Enrolment Checklist. Please note upon completion of your Enrolment Checklist, step 1, NCA Assessment, and step 6, Fees Paid, will not show a checkmark until your NCA Assessment is reviewed by CPLED staff and your tuition fee payment is received and processed.
- Enter your NCA Assessment information
- Alternate email and phone number
- Academic integrity declaration
- Emergency contact information
- LRW course registration
- Complete the fees paid information
- Submit your tuition fee payment.
- Once your Student Enrolment Checklist is complete and your tuition fee payment is processed, you will receive confirmation via email that your registration has been completed. You will receive your login information for LexisNexis and D2L one week before the course start date. Please note it can take up to five business days to process your payment, and you will not obtain access to course materials until your tuition fee payment has been processed.
The student user guide provides step-by-step instructions to guide you through the registration process.
Watch the short video above to help guide you through the LRW course registration process.
Tuition Fee Payment
CPLED accepts online bill payments and wire transfers for the LRW course tuition fee. Online bill payment is a fast and secure way to make a payment with a Canadian bank account. Payments are processed through your financial institution’s banking service. To submit an online bill payment, follow the steps below:
- Log on to your bank’s online system
- Create a payee profile. Add “The Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education” or “CPLED” as a payee on your bill payment profile (name will vary from bank to bank)
- Enter your account information. Your account number is located at the top of your invoice and is your three or four-digit student number, for example, 1532.
- Allow for processing time. It may take up to five business days for online payments to be processed.
For support on setting up online payment, contact your financial institution.
To submit your tuition fee payment via wire transfer, complete the following steps:
- Complete the wire transfer transaction using CPLED’s banking institution information, located on your LRW course tuition fee invoice.
- Send CPLED an email at email@example.com with a copy of the official payment receipt from your financial institution.
Please note that your financial institution may charge a fee to complete a wire transfer. It is your responsibility to pay that fee and ensure the full amount due to CPLED is remitted.