Student Services offers support to students enrolled in the Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP) who are searching for articling positions. Student Services Advisors work with students both one-on-one and in group settings via email, video chat, telephone and hosted webinars.
Articling Search Supports
- One-on-one coaching: Receive coaching from a Student Services Advisor to develop job search strategy and tactics, including personal branding, networking and LinkedIn support.
- Resume and cover letter reviews: Submit your resume to a Student Services Advisor to receive feedback for resume improvements via email or during a one-on-one meeting.
- Interview preparation: Meet with a Student Services Advisor to discuss interview techniques and ask questions. You can also set up a mock interview with a Student Services Advisor to practice your skills and receive feedback.
- CPLED Student Resume Directory: Create a profile to attract to legal recruiters searching for articling students.
For more information or to request support, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articling Search Resources
For tips on writing a resume, download the guides and templates below. These resources offer tips and examples of best practices when creating your resume. However, remember to adapt your resume to your situation and target your desired employer.
- A few thoughts about resumes: Information about personal marketing and branding concepts for resumes, including motivators, value propositions, context setting and a results-based approach.
- Resume sample: A sample resume with examples of good formatting, context setting and detailed job descriptions.
- Resume template: A resume template with tips on formatting, content, targeting and other best practices.