Student Services offers support to students enrolled in the Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP) who are searching for articling positions. Student Services Advisors work with students both one-on-one and in group settings via email, video chat, telephone and hosted webinars.
Articling Search Supports
- One-on-one coaching: Receive coaching from a Student Services Advisor to develop job search strategy and tactics, including personal branding, networking and LinkedIn support.
- Resume and cover letter reviews: Submit your resume to a Student Services Advisor to receive feedback for resume improvements via email or during a one-on-one meeting.
- Interview preparation: Meet with a Student Services Advisor to discuss interview techniques and ask questions. You can also set up a mock interview with a Student Services Advisor to practice your skills and receive feedback.
- CPLED Student Resume Directory: Create a profile to attract to legal recruiters searching for articling students.
For more information or to request support, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Articling Search Resources
For tips on writing a resume and cover letter, download the guides and templates below. These resources offer tips and examples of best practices when creating your application documents;. however, remember to adapt them to your situation and target your desired employer.
- A few thoughts about resumes: Information about personal marketing and branding concepts for resumes, including motivators, value propositions, context setting and a results-based approach.
- Resume sample: A sample resume with examples of good formatting, context setting and detailed job descriptions.
- Resume template: A resume template with tips on formatting, content, targeting and other best practices.
- Cover letter sample: A sample cover letter with examples of good formatting, targeting both cultural fit and specific job requirements.
- Cover letter template: A resume template with tips on formatting, content, targeting and other best practices.
The video above is a recording from the Wednesday, May 12, 2021, webinar hosted by Eric Pye, Student Services Advisor where he provides resume building guides for students seeking articling roles.