Please make all tuition payments payable to The Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPLED).
Tuition payments can be made by:
Tuition fees can be paid as a one-time lump sum payment or students may select the payment plan option. To view the detailed cost structure visit, program cost.
CPLED has contacted all major Canadian banks to register them as approved CPLED payees. If you bank with a financial institution that does not yet recognize CPLED as a payee, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuition fee payment due dates for the June 2021 intake are:
- Phase one: Monday, June 28, 2021
- Phase two: Monday, August 23, 2021
- Phase three: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
- Phase four: Monday, February 7, 2022
Tuition fee payment due dates for the December 2020 intake are:
- Phase one: Friday, December 11, 2020
- Phase two: Thursday, April 15, 2021
- Phase three: Friday, May 21, 2021
- Phase four: Friday, September 3, 2021
Please note that students will not receive access to PREP materials, until their tuition fee payment(s) has been processed. Students are encouraged to submit their tuition fee payment(s) before the deadline to avoid delays in PREP materials being released.
Frequently Asked Questions
Upon completion of student registration, an invoice will be generated that can be printed. Invoices are made out to students individually. CPLED will not combine or change invoices to be made out to firms. Please note that students will not receive access to PREP materials, until their tuition payment(s) has been processed.
Online bill payment is a fast and secure way to make a payment with a Canadian bank account. Payments are processed through your financial institution’s own banking service.
- Log on to your bank’s online system
- Create a payee profile. Add “The Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education” or “CPLED” as a payee on your bill payment profile (name will vary from bank to bank)
- Enter your account information. Your account number is located at the top of your invoice and is your three or four digit student number, example 1532
- Allow for processing time. It may take up to five business days for online payments to be processed.
For support on setting up online payment, contact your financial institution.
To remit funds via EFT:
- Complete the EFT transaction using CPLED’s banking institution information, located on the EFT Payment Form.
- Send CPLED an email at email@example.com indicating the invoice number(s) and account(s) that your payment should be applied to.
Your financial institution may charge a fee to complete an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). It is your responsibility to pay that fee and ensure the full amount due to CPLED is remitted.
To remit funds via wire transfer?
- Complete the wire transfer transaction using CPLED’s banking institution information, located on the Wire Transfer Form.
- Send CPLED an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the official payment receipt along with a completed copy of the Wire Transfer Form.
Your financial institution may charge a fee to complete a wire transfer. It is your responsibility to pay that fee and ensure the full amount due to CPLED is remitted.
It can take from three to five business days for CPLED to receive and process an online bill payment, EFT payment or wire transfer. We strongly encourage students to submit their tuition fee payments prior to the deadline as they will not receive access to PREP materials until their payment has been processed.
Unfortunately no, the manual process required to process cheque payments can be timely, costly and outweighs their effectiveness.
Unfortunately no, the cost to administer credit card transactions is costly, thus in an effort to keep tuition fees affordable, we have opted to not accept credit card payments.
Unfortunately, CPLED is not set up to accept e-Transfer payments.
CPLED invoices are made out to students individually as the student is legally liable to pay their invoice. Therefore, if a student’s firm is submitting payment on behalf of their student and the firm is GST exempt, the GST portion of the student’s invoice must still be paid. CPLED will not combine or change invoices to be made out to firms.