Students registering for the June 2021 intake of the Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP) can begin the online registration process on Wednesday, April 7 at 9 a.m. MT by visiting, www.cpled.ca. Registration is completed on an individual basis so if firms are registering on behalf of their students, they will need to do so one student at a time.
- Admission Requirements – Proof of a Canadian common law degree or Certificate of Qualification from the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. Students are required to self-declare their degree and/or certificate completion date during the registration process and upload their documentation to gain access to program materials. For more information about the accepted forms of documentation, visit admission requirements.
- Articling – PREP is intended to be completed while students are articling, however, students without a secured articling position can register and complete phase one of PREP, the Foundation Modules. Upon completion of phase one students are permitted to register for the remaining PREP phases and can do so without secured articling*.
*Completing PREP without secured articling is subject to change, if a CPLED participating law society advises CPLED of a change.
- Law Society Subsidy – Students must register as a student member with one of CPLED’s participating law societies to be eligible for their law society subsidy. PREP is the official Bar admission program for Alberta, Manitoba, Nova Scotia and Saskatchewan. Remember to verify Bar admission requirements with your law society before registering for a program.
- Program Delivery – PREP consists of four distinct phases and is scheduled to be delivered online and at in-person sessions. However, we continue to monitor and follow the recommendations of local government and public health agencies for all CPLED jurisdictions regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Scheduled in-person phases may be moved to an online delivery if it is required to ensure the safety of our students, Facilitators, Assessors, and staff. We are committed to making the best decisions possible with the information we have at the time and will provide our stakeholders with the information as it becomes available.
- Tuition Fees – PREP tuition fee payments can be made via online bill payment, EFT, and wire transfer. Credit cards, cheques, and e-Transfers are not accepted. Once a student’s registration has been completed a tuition fee invoice will be generated. As registration is completed on an individual basis, the invoice for tuition fees will also be individual to the student, CPLED does not issue invoices to firms. For more details, visit the payment information section of our website.
- Program Access – Once a student has completed their Enrollment Checklist and their tuition fee payment has been processed they will receive their login information for Procertas and D2L. Students must complete their Procertas requirement and upload a record of completion to D2L to get access to the “Introduction to Foundation Modules” for PREP. Students will be given access to the “Introduction to Foundation Modules” as early as Tuesday, June 1, 2021.
- Registration Closes on Friday, June 25 – Registration deadlines are set to ensure there is sufficient time to process student enrollments, establish cohorts, and recruit individuals such as Facilitators, Assessors, and Practice Managers to support students throughout PREP. That being said, we understand that situations may arise that may prevent a student from registering by the deadline, and because of this, we created a Policy regarding Late Registration. The deadline to apply under the late registration policy for the June 2021 intake is Thursday, July 15, 2021. We will review late registration applicants on a case-by-case basis as we want to set all students up for success in PREP, for all of the details on late registration refer to the policy.