The Canadian Centre for Professional Legal Education (CPLED) is preparing to open registration for the Accelerated Practice Readiness Education Program (PREP). Before Accelerated PREP 2023 registration opens, here are eight things students and their employers need to know:
- Registration opens Wednesday, April 26, 2023, at 9 a.m. MT at www.cpled.ca. Registration is individual, so if employers are registering for their students, they must do so one student at a time.
- Admission Requirements – Students must provide proof of a Canadian common law degree or Certificate of Qualification (CQ) from the Federation of Law Societies of Canada. For more information about the accepted forms of documentation, visit the admission requirements.
- Program Delivery – Accelerated PREP consists of four distinct phases and is delivered online. Review the program key dates document to see the full program schedule.
- Tuition Fee – The Accelerated PREP tuition fee is $6,100 + applicable taxes. The fee can be paid in one lump sum or paid per phase. Review the program key dates document for tuition fee payment deadlines.
- Tuition Subsidy – Details regarding the law society tuition subsidy and how it will be applied will be released prior to registration opening.
- Articling – Students can register and complete Accelerated PREP before securing an articling position.
- Registration closes Thursday, May 18, 2023
- Accelerated PREP Foundation Modules open Friday, May 26, 2023 – Students who have completed the online registration, this includes the enrolment checklist, Procertas requirement, and their tuition fee payment has been processed will receive access to Accelerated PREP materials in D2L.
To stay up to date on the latest CPLED news, subscribe to the e-newsletter.